Friday, October 24, 2014

Almond Milk Latte

I'm not a huge coffee drinker. Lately I've been starting my day with hot water with lemon, honey, fresh ginger, and echinacea and drinking a tea mid-morning in one of the many flavours I have stocked in my cupboards. Usually these are the only energy boosts that I need. 


Today was different. I worked an afternoon shift from home last night (5:30-10:30pm) and although as soon as my shift was over I climbed straight into bed, I felt wired and couldn't sleep. Exhausted for work this morning I needed an extra caffeine boost to get me going. Tired of coffee from the train station and not able to hit up a Starbucks on my way home, I got to work making my own latte.

I try to stay away from dairy but I hate soy milk so I was excited to try something new and attempted a latte with almond milk. It was so easy and delicious! 

I stuck an espresso disk into my Tassimo and made it with extra water for more volume. While that was brewing I warmed 1.25 cups of almond milk on the stove while whisking often. Then I combined the two and stuck it in a travel cup for my commute. Voila! Lazy/cheap girl latte. I love the taste of almond milk so I really like the nutty taste it gives the latte. 


I'd love to invest in a frother one day but for now this method will do.

What's your favourite way to perk up on slow mornings? 

No comments:

Post a Comment