Monday, August 1, 2016

Long Weekend, Long Run

Last week felt like it last longer than any other week so I was so thankful for the long weekend. Part of me feels like I did so much while the other part of me feels like I did nothing at all. 


After spending Saturday morning running errands I laid in bed and mindlessly streamed Gilmore Girls on Netflix, and it was glorious. 


My boyfriend was kind enough to share some beers with me. Just a few weeks ago I had no interest but trying new brews and logging them into Untappd is becoming really fun. I'm up to 29 distinct beers.

I had started Stranger Things on Friday night but it started to freak me out so I had to turn it off. Sunday afternoon I was feeling brave so I turned it back on and found myself lost in the last six episodes. There was something so magical about the show and I'm so sad I'm already done. I highly recommend it. 


Also, forever obsessed with Farm Boy's tortilla chips and guacamole. 


Monday I finally pulled myself off off the couch and went on my first run only seven weeks out from my fall half marathon. I only made it 8.5 kilometers. It was hot, humid, and overall awful. 


However, the view was absolutely beautiful. 


Despite the awfulness of the run I'm glad I finally pushed myself into training. The next seven weeks are going to be filled with running - long runs, easy runs, speed training, hills - along with necessary cross-training and strength training. I feel more motivated than ever and can't wait to crush the Army Run.

I was almost tempted to add another half in October. It's the first year since I've started long distance running that I won't be running the half marathon at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. I know that mentally I can't do two halfs that close together but they released the medals for this year and they were so cool that my sister and I registered for the 5K. This is the first time that I've ever signed up for a race based on the medal.

 
Have you seen Stranger Things? Are you into Netflix's original shows?
What makes you want to register for a race? 

No comments:

Post a Comment