Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Slippery Stairs and Mini Flu

We had an awesome snowfall Sunday night in Toronto and seeing that white stuff everywhere maked me so happy. 36 hours later the roads are perfectly clear but the lawns and boulevards are still covered in snow, so it makes me hopefully that we'll actually get a white Christmas. I've pulled out my ugliest winter boots with the best traction so Cooper and I can continue our evening walks safely.


Speaking of walking safe, I have to admit that I only pulled out the boots after slipping down all of my front porch stairs. I have road rash in two perfect lines across my upper and lower back, and a huge, purple bruise covering almost half of my butt. I felt pretty good about going to the gym yesterday night but midway through leg day my left glute was throbbing and tight so I stretched it out and switched to some low-impact cycling. I definitely could tell the difference between general discomfort and what felt completely wrong.


Last week I was so proud of myself for all of the work I had done in the gym but then on Friday night my plans to bake eight different cookie recipes were cut short when I started feeling so exhausted that I had to lie down. I ended up slowly finishing my baking over the course of the weekend, but I also took a lot of naps. It didn't feel like a full-blown flu but I'm not someone who naps easily so something was definitely off.


With less than two weeks until Christmas I have a lot of loose ends to tie up so thankfully the gym is keeping me sane and coffee is keeping me awake. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love the holiday season - but man, it's draining!

Are you ready for Christmas?
Are you a fan of holiday baking? I went a little overboard and had to force my co-workers to eat some cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment