Monday, May 12, 2014

Green smoothies


I love smoothies. Without fail, from Monday to Friday I will make a smoothie for breakfast before I leave for my internship. Usually these smoothies are awful colours and truly do not look appetizing despite their awesome taste. Sometimes I'm lucky and they have amazing colours, like this beautiful, green smoothie.

Most of my smoothies are "green." Honestly, this just means I've added either kale or baby spinach.

My smoothies almost always have bananas and vanilla almond milk. Other than that I add whatever I'm feeling that morning. I stock my freezer with some frozen fruit (currently: strawberries, raspberries, and pineapple) or I use fruit that is still good but too ripe for me to really enjoy on its own (for me this usually happens to be mangoes). Then I add a few handfuls of leafy greens and blend. After I pour it into a new glass I mix in, by hand, my three favourite things: chia seeds, flax seeds, and hemp hearts.

As a vegetarian, I find that starting the day with a boost of leafy greens with my trio of seeds gives me the extra boost of energy that I need, makes me feel fuller longer, and, overall, leaves me more satisfied.

What do you put in your smoothie?

No comments:

Post a Comment