Monday, June 30, 2014

Training Log - June 26, 2014


19 kilometers.

With about 16 weeks to go until my next half marathon, I’m not too worried about being ready to run. As always, it would be great if I could improve my time (a 2:41:00 during my last two attempts) but I’m already looking to 2015 as a year of running further distances. For example, I’m looking towards Around the Bay (30 kilometers) and a full marathon at some point next year.

However, back to yesterday’s long run.

I really impressed myself. I did take many walking/water breaks during that distance over two and a half hours, but considering it was over 23 degrees with a humidity index of over 50%, I was more concerned with my own safety and well-being that having a perfect run. And, to me, keeping hydrated and strong made my run more enjoyable for myself – and finding enjoyment in my runs is something that I have found myself struggling with lately.

Whether it’s a time or distance PB, I’m excited to see what the next few months of training holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment