Monday, October 21, 2013

Completed my first half!




I completed my first half-marathon yesterday Sunday, October 20, 2013. I've been training since June of this year and it was tougher than I ever imagined. Before I started I felt very emotional. It washed over me like a wave, saying, "I can't believe I'm finally here." I ran 21 hard kilometres and today my legs are still aching.


My final time was two hours and 41 minutes. Despite how hard it was I am going to run one again and hopefully finish in under two and half hours. Around kilometre 15 I felt my energy starting to wane. It took everything in me to push to the end and I will admit I had to take couple of walking breaks. Today I'm using a heating pad and my favourite yoga poses to stretch myself out -- I've been limping everywhere I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment