Monday, October 28, 2013

Prep work

I might only have classes three days a week, but I feel so busy all of the time! I try my best to eat right but when you're on the go or wrapped up in assignments I really don't want to cook. That's why I set my Sunday afternoons or nights aside for prepping meals during the week or, at least, for my days at school. 

Being a vegetarian can be difficult because I start eating the same things over and over again, and become more likely to ditch my pre-made lunch and buy something. I usually look to Pinterest to mix it up, trying something new and something relatively simple to make.

This week I prepped some salads. I like to add strawberry or orange, fresh goat cheese, and nuts on the day of so I made the salad base of baby spinach, grape tomatoes, and yellow pepper. 

I also found a recipe on Pinterest (here) for a vegetarian, quinoa chili. I made a pot to share with my family and set aside three containers for my lunch.

I've also been in the fall mood, crazy about produce like apples and squash, so I made some applesauce that I store in small mason jars. It's a crock-pot recipe so it's really simple to make, with few ingredients, and you can leave it for most of the day. Also, found on Pinterest (here).

No comments:

Post a Comment