Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I am, I am, I am




“I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart: I am, I am, I am.” - Sylvia Plath


It’s been a long time since I’ve posted. In fact, it’s been so long that I tried to create a new blog but the inspiration never stuck.


I say I’m back with cautious optimism; a little like the way I’m approaching many aspects of my life right now.


Running, yoga, reading, dog training, my mental health… all appear to be going well but I’ve always had a tendency to get over excited only to watch these things take a nosedive.


But I am back and as much as I’m the same as ever (dog mom, office job, a race in my future, relationship of five years) I feel like I’ve changed.


I think I’m a little quieter but only to be more pensive. I’m working hard on making the relationships in my life more meaningful and dedicating more time to those relationships. I try to see the value in everything I’m doing and taking classes against to progress my future as I apply and patiently wait for my chance to break back into the marketing world. I still really want to run a marathon eventually and I’m still participating in half marathons, but I’m also focusing on enjoying running above all other distance goals. I try to spend as much time as possible outside having found a new love for hiking and trail running, I’ve booked some camping trips with my boyfriend, and I really want to try SUP this summer.

I feel like I’ve grown as a person and am constantly trying to encourage that growth, and I’ve decided I no longer want to use this blog to pretend I’m an expert as something I’m not - I want to use this blog to try new things, share my experiences, and reflect on all the things that make me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment