Thursday, September 1, 2016

September Goals

Happy September 1st!

As much as it's a little scary how fast this year is flying by, I'm excited we're into September. October is probably my favourite month but the lead-up is nice, too. Last month I did better with achieving my goals so I thought hard about what I wanted to accomplish for September. A lot of great things happened to me professionally and mentally last month so it's not a surprise that a lot of my goals are fitness related.

1) Finish strong.
The Canada Army Run is on September 18th. I want to finish my training plan strong and run a solid race. I already know it's unlikely for me to PR but I want to enjoy the run, especially since I'll be in my favourite city in the world - Ottawa.

2) Buy a new foam roller.
I mentioned in my August recap that it became difficult to foam roll because it's getting out of shape. I've already started doing some research and I hope to pick up a new roller before race day.

3) Decide on my fall/winter goals and make a plan.
I don't have another race until March, meaning I don't start my next training cycle until Christmas Day (yes, I already mapped it out). That gives me three months to decide what I want to focus on. Strength? Flexibility? Endurance? I think I'm leaning toward strength but we'll see how I feel after race day.

4) Become a morning person - again.
Before my scheduled changed I loved being an early riser. I'm slowly getting back into it and my goal is to start going to the gym in the morning like I used to. I love getting a workout in first thing and having a gym all to myself at 5AM. This means I need to start getting myself to bed at a decent hour.


What are your September goals? 
Do you goals usually follow a theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment