Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Training & A Mini Getaway

Happy Tuesday! It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I can feel it when I train. I physically feel heavier than usual so I'm going to try my best to clean up my diet leading up to my race. To be fair, eating Pizza Pops before speed training is never a good idea. I used a Snapchat filter to hide the pain.


It's been a while since I took my speed training outside and I forgot how much I love it. I like to go to this bare-bones outdoor track not far from where I live because I can see the lake from where I'm running.


Michael's birthday is today so on the weekend I took him to Kingston to visit one of his favourite breweries - Stone City Ales. I wish I had taken more pictures but I promise you the beer and food was amazing.


We went back to the hotel room with the intention of napping and instead just enjoyed being away. It was fun to be snuggled into a king-sized bed and watch cable TV (neither of us have it at home anymore so we live off of Netflix).


This week I'm into the green smoothies. Frozen mango chunks, banana, almond milk, and spinach to start the day. I'm only on Day Two of eating better and I already have the worst sugar cravings so I really think I'm going to look forward to my morning smoothies.



What's your favourite Snapchat filter?
What's the best smoothie ingredient?

No comments:

Post a Comment