Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Some Statistics & A Chest Infection

Statistics are to-date and come from the whiny Courtney Robert Inc.

Days sick: 15
Days spent coughing: 11
Cups of soup: 5
Bottles of cough syrup: 3
Hot tea consumed: Too much
Containers of Vapor Rub: 1
Packages of Halls: 3
Days off of work: 1
Episodes of Grey's Anatomy watched: 26 (all of season 12 and the first two of season 13)
Complaints made to boyfriend, mother, co-workers, random people on the street: 1,000,000
Times exercised: 1 (big mistake)
Time spent in Urgent Care: 1.5 hours.
Diagnosis: Infection in lower, left lung.
Medications: Antibiotics and a puffer.

What started with a flu after the Army Run progressed into a cold I just couldn't shake. I was coughing so hard that I would dry heavy and break out into the clammiest sweat, and it had been a while since I slept through the night. I finally went to Urgent Care and was diagnosed with a chest infection. Today I'm taking my second dose of antibiotics but I already feel so much better. I toyed with the idea of going to the gym today but I think rest is still important. Maybe tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I'm signed up for a 5K in less than two weeks and I really don't think I'm going to be able to run. Even if my cough is gone by then I've lost a lot of endurance the last couple of weeks. I was supposed to run it with my sister, and funny enough it seems like she might also have a chest infection and won't be running either. Something is going around because I haven't seen her in six weeks so I'm fairly certain I didn't infect her.

I have a recap I started writing on the Army Run but I've felt so awful that I can't muster up the energy to go back and edit it..

So hello and goodbye. I'll see you when I'm feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment