Monday, June 1, 2015

Give Me All the Soup & Bagels

NOTE: I thought I had published this Friday night but just noticed today, Monday, an error occurred and it never went live. Huge fail.

Wednesday I woke up with a sinus infection. I was working a later shift that day at work and had so many errands I was going to run and instead I sat on the couch with a cup of tea.

 
I ate my first bagel and soup of the week that afternoon at work, and stocked up on all of the essentials.


OJ, throat lozenges, and OTC sinus medication.

One of the guys at work decided to tell me I "looked rough."


Thanks for the confidence boost.

Unfortunately I only got "rougher" from there.

I barely got any sleep and I struggled through work on Thursday (with the help of my second bagel and soup of the week). After thinking I just needed some sleep I skipped volleyball and came home to lie in bed.

Instead of getting sleep I ended up coming down with a stomach flu. I don't know how a sinus infection leads to the stomach flu but this is awful! Today is the very first time I've ever called in sick to work... Ever.

Luckily I have the best boyfriend in the world that brought me my third (!!!) bagel in three days and a huge box of Popsicles. I might have ate six of them. 


I didn't eat a real meal until after 7PM today and I was way too lazy to make anything for myself. I ordered in some soup (number three!) and rice.


Also, I have spent my entire day watching How I Met Your Mother. Thank you, Netflix.

Anyways, I'm taking a few days off from running and working out. No long run this weekend. Instead I think I'm going to curl up with another slow on Netflix (I have three episodes of HIMYM left as I'm writing this). 

Any Netflix suggestions? What do you like to eat then you're sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment