Thursday, July 21, 2016

Almost the Weekend

The weekend is so close I could almost feel it. I'm continuing to struggle with my mental health this week so I constantly feel like I'm drained of energy. It's almost a blessing in disguise that I have a legitimate reason for not making it to the gym this week so I'm focusing on other things that make me happy and healthy.



This exfoliant: I've been using it for three weeks and I've noticed huge changes in my skin. It made my skin look brighter, I have less dry spots, some of my acne scarring is fading, and during my current cycle I definitely broke out less. Even one particular cystic spot I get only broke out minimally. I have sensitive skin so I read a suggestion online to wet the face first and then apply the product. Not only is it less harsh but I find it's easier to use on damp skin.


Kombucha. With my depression and anxiety I suffer from severe nausea. Between peppermint tea, plain soda water, and kombucha I can usually make it through the discomfort. The grape flavour is my favourite. It's a little pricey so if I want to drink some every day I will split the bottle.


Oatmeal is my new go-to. It's the second week in a row I've been eating it for breakfast. I like to cook 1/4 cup of steel cut oats on the stove with 1 cup of almond milk, and then top it with berries and my favourite protein peanut butter (this one is Buff Bake's Chocolate Chip Cookie)


I had a gift card so I stocked up on my favourite supplements and finally purchased a protein powder (striking one of my monthly goals from the list!). Some people are really loyal to one brand but I try a lot of different things. Lately Cellucor pre-workout and RedxLabs BCAAs are my go-tos, but RedxLabs also makes a really powerful and effective non-stim pre-workout I have in my cupboard too.

I also picked up my favourite protein treats. I love Combat Crunch bars and Buff Bake cookies are to die for. I find they're not as heavy and Lenny & Larry's, but they're so much softer and their flavour is absolutely cookie-like (a lot of people say L&L almost has a Playdoh taste. I have to agree but eat them anyway).


Snuggling with this guy is my reason for skipping the gym. Usually I have someone else that can give him some attention to help with my long work hours but I'm flying solo this week. My boss has graciously let me leave work early a couple of days this week so I can get him to Cooper faster.


What are your favourite products?
Do you typically stick with one brand when buying certain products or do you use a variety?

No comments:

Post a Comment