Monday, July 18, 2016

Mental Health + Life Lately

I've been feeling off, lately. Mentally things are not right and I can't pinpoint why. I spent most of this weekend flipping a switch between feeling angry and full of rage to feeling sad and insecure. I'm questioning everything that people around me are saying and doing and thinking that it must mean something about our relationship. I'm irrational and paranoid, but the worst part is that I know I am. I can fully take my mood, emotions, and thoughts and know it's my depression, but I can't stop the way I feel. 


Lately, I find myself constantly taking a deep breath and feeling a little like that. It's OK. I'm fine, it's fine, we're all fine. 

Another lately? Obsessed with the Ice Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato. Super sweet but dairy free? Yes please. I'm sure the sugar and calories are out of control but I'm going to remain blissfully ignorant for now. 


We had the most delicious dinner on Saturday night. Steak, perfectly baked potato with all the fixings including a large pat of butter, and bacon wrapped asparagus - and featuring my favourite Sawdust City beer! We followed up dinner with the newest Star Wars movie (chosen by my boyfriend) and Matilda (chosen by me). 


My mom is away for the week so I sent her a picture of her grand-puppy. He's always posing. I feel bad working long hours with no one to stop in on him. I'm skipping the gym this week to spend more time walking and cuddling him. I'll see what kind of workouts I get accomplished at home this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment