Monday, July 11, 2016

Heat Warnings, Camping + Migraines

Last week was weird and I'm not sure why. I ate everything except for what I actually planned and prepped. I ate a lot of coffee shop sandwiches and salad bar salads. Coming off of that I tried to make some different choices this week. I only skipped one planned workout so hopefully that counts for something.


Southern Ontario sat with Heat Warnings in effect all last week. The cardio section of my gym is kept at a toasty 75 degrees and if it weren't for the fact that I get off of work so late I would rather just take my cardio outdoors.


Friday night we got hit with a massive lightning storm and Cooper was not impressed. I read somewhere that dogs can feel the electricity in the air but I don't know how accurate that is. All I know is that while I was cooking my 90-pound beast needed to sit at my feet.


Michael and I went to Arrowhead Provincial Park this weekend. I wish I had something to recap but it rained until 6-7pm on Saturday so we couldn't go to the beach or go for a hike. Instead we took our time driving to the campgrounds by hitting up three craft breweries and my lovely boyfriend bought me a new hat. So far in my craft beer education Sawdust City is my favourite brewery.


Thankfully the rain ended early enough that we could have a campfire. I always try to nicely brown my marshmallows but then I get impatient and I burn them to a crisp.


I'm not sure if it was the lack of sleep, sore muscles from sleeping on the ground, or not getting enough water in me this weekend, but I'm currently going on Day Two of a migraine. I have all of my migraine essentials in place so hopefully it disappears soon.

My goals for this week include getting more sleep, eating what I actually prepared, and cutting back on the caffeine. Last week I had way too much ice coffee - including a day where I had TWO iced coffees - and I'm sure all of the sugar and cream also didn't have the greatest impact on my body.


Any goals for the week?
Do you prefer hot, humid weather, or cold, icy weather? 


No comments:

Post a Comment