Saturday, August 9, 2014

Farmers Market Haul

I love the Farmers Market. Most Saturdays, barring any pressing plans, I get up early and drive to the only local, weekend market. This week probably had the best variety I've seen. For the first time my mom came with me and it was awesome because I could leave with more bags than usual!

First we fawned over some baked goods. I get croissants every week from the same stall (if they aren't sold out) and they are must-have. We also picked up a whole wheat/flax seed/pumpkin seed/cheddar baguette, and a lemon tart and a raspberry hazelnut tart.

 

Then I stopped at my favourite produce stall for some amazing looking blueberries and raspberries. The selection of other produce wasn't great so we stopped at a second and picked up the ripest cantaloupe, a huge carton of peas, heirloom carrots, and a green pepper. 


We also grabbed some fresh donuts at a donut stand. Every week I make sure to bring my mom and sister home a donut as a little tread so this week my mom was on the lookout for this booth. I ate a lemon poppyseed donut too quickly for a picture but my mom's cinnamon sugar survived.


I also somehow got roped into buying some king oyster mushrooms from the mushroom booth. I love mushrooms butter experiences with different varieties is limited so it will be interesting to see how I use them.

What are your Farmers Market must-haves? Do you have other Saturday traditions?



No comments:

Post a Comment