Monday, August 25, 2014

Training Log -- August 25, 2014

Alright, I admit it; I jumped the gun this morning.

After struggling with 5K on Saturday due to my sinus infection, I decided today was the perfect day for a long run.


Nope.

It was an awful idea.

Still recovering from my sinus infection I got up this morning, drank a protein smoothie, and organized my gear. 


I headed out around 9 and was excited to knock out at least 21K. Instead I made it about 11.5K before I ran out of water, couldn't find a fountain, and kept struggling with breathing and fighting through mucus (gross, I know).


Luckily my boyfriend, equipped with water, saved me and drove me home.

I'm clearly frusterated. More than anything I want to be active and run for 3+ hours, and for the first time in my life I'm having trouble grasping the idea of taking it easy. Is it because I'm trying to hold myself to a "no excuses" mentality? Who knows.

I have some walking, cycling, yoga, and speed training mapped out for the rest of my week. The rest of this is lower key so hopefully I can push through without making things worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment