Saturday, August 23, 2014

Run or Dye

Today is my mom's 48th birthday and instead of sleeping in, she kicked it off with a fun 5K.


After running Color Me Rad twice, as decided to try Run Or Die because it was being held in our city. It was nice not having to travel into Toronto for once. 

I love the idea of colour runs. Nothing makes me happier than seeing other people discover the love and fun of running.

I think I prefer Color Me Rad: Slightly more organized with more volunteers to throw paint, wider paths for running and passing, and the paint seemed to wash off easier (my mom's blonde highlights are streaked with pink and green while my left cheek and hairline is also a bright pink). 


However, it was the first year held in Oshawa so it's likely issues with path width and whatnot will be fixed for next year.

I also had issues with my sinus infection. I thought I was mostly over it but I found myself having trouble breathing and feeling really mucus-y. Although I had to stop and walk a few times, it made me slightly happy to confirm that the decision to hold off on my long-runs has been the right one.

I'm so proud of my mom. Her running only began early this year and she's already training to run a half-marathon with me this fall. I am completely inspired.

Side note: check out this awesome and extremely decadent chocolate, peanut butter cake I made for my mom. Seriously amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment