Sunday, September 21, 2014

Struggles and Triumphs

This week was weird. I started a new job on Monday so my schedule was a little out of whack. I was nervous for my first day so I didn't sleep very well the night before and was exhausted by the end of the day. 

Tuesday was the same but on Wednesday I was off so I planned a long-run. It did not go well.


I was able to make it about 16K before I was just too tired. I stopped to rest and admired the view.

My boyfriend picked me up and instead we grabbed bagels for lunch and ran a few errands.


After feeling disheartened about my long-run I had little faith in how my stair-climbing would go on Thursday. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised. I think I've finally made it over the hump because it went so well! Usually I feel exhausted after just the first two times up the seven-flight parking garage, but I felt pretty good even after ten! I wanted to push myself further but didn't want to overdo it.


Friday I was desperate to go to the Farmers Market. I haven't been in a few weeks and it's my absolute favourite place. Not having access to a car or wanting to spend money on the bus, I walked seven kilometres to the Market, including a stop at the bank to grab cash my boyfriend ended up picking me up on his way home from school so we could hangout that afternoon.


I'm really struggling with my long runs lately and don't know what to do. Do you have any tips for when you're in a rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment