Monday, September 22, 2014

Oasis Zoo Run 2014

I might have a new favourite race.

On Saturday I ran the Oasis Zoo Run in the 10K group at the Toronto Zoo and had the time of my life. 

I'm a slow runner and my finishing times usually sit around the 1:20 mark, but somehow I managed to PR by 12 minutes and finish with a 1:07:52! 



It was surprisingly difficult as I forgot how hilly the grounds at the Zoo are so it makes this milestone all the more exciting.

It's also pretty cool to have animals as your cheering section. From polar bears, to foxes, to wildabeasts, I have to say the flamingos made the best spectators with their loud squawks as I ran by.

This race is part of the Canada Running Series, the same group that puts on the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathob that I'll be doing the second time this October.

I'm already looking forward to signing up for this again, and other CRS events.

Have you had a race take you by surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment