Monday, November 10, 2014

Back to Running

After my last race I decided to take a couple of weeks off from running. I've been feeling exhausted and rundown, so it was hard for me to want to fit even half an hour of running into my schedule. With so many races that I'm already registered for in 2015, I decided to get a schedule together and force myself back into it.

So, yesterday, I went on my first run. Sunday's are going to be my new long-run days and I started my training schedule with an easy 5K. I ran through the marsh near my house and it felt really good to be back.


I followed up with some fresh green juice, made with spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, apple, and ginger. 


The rest of the day was a lazy Sunday, mostly spent in bed with my dogs watching Gilmore Girls. My IT band was feeling pretty tight despite all the yoga and stretching I've been doing lately, so a lazy day was perfect.


How do you prefer to follow up your long runs?


No comments:

Post a Comment