Sunday, November 16, 2014

First Snowy Run of the Season

We've had a few light flurries this fall, but when I woke up this morning it was the first time I had seen snow on the ground this season. It's too early for a really heavy snowfall, but even if there was I wasn't too concerned because I had only scheduled 6 kilometers for today.

Usually I'm an early riser, but this weekend I haven't been able to pull myself out of bed until 10 or 11. As I was figuring out what I was going to eat, my boyfriend got up and made me pancakes. I don't think it's a typical pre-run breakfast but it might be my favourite.



My run went really well. I'm taking it easy because I'm forever working through IT band issues, but the conditions were great. Once it gets snowier and icier I won't be able to run through my favourite paved trails anymore (the city doesn't maintain and if I slip the creek is too close for me to feel comfortable), so I'm taking advantage of them while I can. The pavement is too warm for the snow to stick, but the trees looked beautiful.



Side note: I'm really hoping I get a hat with a ponytail hole for Christmas because I hate braiding my hair for running.


I drank a small banana and peanut butter smoothie while I started to prepare some meals for the week, followed by hot water with lemon, honey, ginger, and echinacea, and a bowl of alphabet soup. I usually try to make my own soup instead of eating stuff from the can, but I`ve discovered Amy`s at my grocery store and I`m falling in love!




Question: How do you like to fuel pre and post run?

No comments:

Post a Comment