Thursday, June 30, 2016

Happy Canada Day + July Goals

Happy Canada Day! I'm up bright and early to head into Toronto - Michael and I are going to a Jays game for the third year in a row. We're having a barbecue later but I have my heart set on a foot-long at the game. Maybe it's because I played baseball for years, but few things bring me a unique cross of nostalgia and joy like a ballpark sausage.


For the first time I'm setting monthly goals. I like to plan most of my routine week-by-week but I'm looking to aim a little broader.

July Goals:

1) Foam rolling
I've been foam rolling a lot more recently and I really want to continue this habit. Between hiking, increased strength training, and sitting at a desk for 8-10 hours each day my limbs have been thankful.

2) Half marathon training
I'm running the Army Run in Ottawa in September so as of July 3rd my self-made training plan begins. I've mapped out days my long runs, speed training, rest days, free days, and strength training, and I really want to stick with it.

3) Try a new recipe
Lately I've been busy with work, my relationships, and fitness. I haven't had time to experiment in the kitchen but this month I'd really like to try something new. I kind of want to make my first pie crust. Hmmm...

4) Buy some protein powder
I calculated some rough macros and for my goals I need to up my protein intake. I thought I consumed a lot of protein but when I ran the numbers I was behind. I stopped using protein powder a few months ago because my go-to was no longer agreeing with my stomach. I need to find a new protein powder that not only agrees with my stomach but also has a good taste and texture, because those things are important to me.

5) Snack smart
I'm a huge fan of snacking but when I start consuming too much processed sugar it starts to upset my stomach and I also fall into binging. So, I'm looking to avoid sweets and work on getting in my micronutrients.



Is there something that makes you feel nostalgic?
What are your July goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment