Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my 24th birthday and it was wonderful. My birthday is my favourite day of the year and I love to remind everyone for three weeks leading up to it that it is coming. 

In the last year I feel as if I have grown up so much, and on this birthday I continued to grow as I picked up my first car!


I'm so happy with my decision. After laying out my budget and figuring out what I could comfortably spend, I got approved for a loan on my own and was able to pick up my new baby on my birthday. I'm really looking forward to the freedom this will give me because public transportation is pretty bad where I live and I'm so tired of relying on everyone around me for rides everywhere.

Before I went to pick up my car I convinced my boyfriend to take me to breakfast. He's wonderful and woke up early to drive a city over to the closest Cora's where I devoured eggs benedict, a mountain of fruit, and a latte.


After making a couple of stops to show off my car we curled up on the couch where I ate peppermint patties and peanut butter M&Ms, and watched some Parks and Recreation. Despite loving my birthday I prefer to spent it low-key.


For dinner we went out to my favourite pizza place, Pie, and I stuffed my face with a pizza called Some Fun Guy, made with a cheese sauce, cheese, sautéed spinach, and mushrooms, cooked in a wood-burning oven. 


My mom got me a nice camera for my birthday so I'm hoping to get a tripod and take more photos of me cooking, doing yoga, and other blog-related things. It'll be nice to move beyond iPhone quality for some situations.

Do you make your birthday a big deal? How do you like to celebrate?




No comments:

Post a Comment