Saturday, March 21, 2015

I Need To Relax

This week my body decided to have a little freak-out on me. I don't know if it was something I ate, the stress I'm under, or whatever else, but my GI tract was insane. I'm not going to go into details, but by Wednesday I threw away a ton of food and had to construct a new meal plan for Thursday and Friday because I so desperately needed to change. I think the change-up helped, but I was still feeling off so on Friday morning I started munching on Imodium at the first sign of stomach uneasiness because I had a surprise party for a 50th birthday to go to. This stuff is amazing and somehow I made it from working an eight-hour day to getting home from the party after midnight.

Sadly I think I'm convinced it was the kale salad I was making. I don't know if my body doesn't like kale or if I hadn't washed it properly, but every day after lunch that's when my symptoms seemed to get worse.


As I've mentioned before I'm not a drinker but I watched my uncle and sister go shot-for-shot quite a few times. It's funny watching a 116 pound girl think she can out-drink a seasoned man over twice her weight. Myself? I just ate lots of cake-pops. It's funny, even though it was loud and everyone was drunk, I had this feeling of pure appreciation for my family. I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many people that, despite having their issues, truly love and care for each other.


Today I'm taking it easy. My work-weeks always end up being longer than 40 hours, and between fitting in exercise and running other errands I have very seldom quiet moments during the week. Then I always get this idea that I'm going to relax and take it easy on the weekend but then I wake up early, run more errands, go on a long run, and even on the off-chance I don't have anything I need to do I get so stir-crazy that I have to go somewhere. 


I do have to admit that I've already gone out to Panera Bread to pick up lattes, bagels, and pastries, but I swear it's all in the name of a lazy, restful day. I'm even back in bed with my bagel and latte, and the puppies are definitely on board with a day full of napping. I think I'll be good for a while.


Do you have to force yourself to relax?


No comments:

Post a Comment