Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Run So I Can Eat Three Breakfasts

It’s only Tuesday night but I’m exhausted. I didn’t get in my leg workout yesterday morning so I fit it in just before hot yoga last night. I was soaked with sweat before I even entered the room and when I left my dry-fit gear smelled absolutely disgusting. I apologize to anyone who had a mat near mine.


Seriously. This sweat is only pre-yoga.

After last night I’m surprised I was able to get out of bed and fit in some speed training before work. It took promising myself a coffee and donut to get me out the door but once I was out there my mood and energy dramatically improved. I skipped the donut and went with a third breakfast (is that possible?) and a latte. 


Before my run I had fueled with toast and peanut butter, after my run I ate a protein waffle and some almond milk, and then I picked up an egg-white wrap at Starbucks. Yup, three breakfasts. I really was starving this morning but the problem was I became pretty full and didn’t need to eat much the rest of the day.


Side note: I'm getting better with stretching and foam-rolling. I used to really neglect it in the past but I've been careful to make the time for it. I even fit in some stretching while waiting to leave for work. 


I can’t believe I’m only three weeks away from the Toronto Yonge Street 10K and only five and a half weeks away from my fourth half-marathon. It seems crazy to me that I'm already at this point, but I think I’m ready to make some PR’s. I’ve finally developed a training plan for myself that I’ve (mostly) been sticking to and my only goals are improvement. I don’t care if that’s only by half a minute, I’m just hoping to see change.

I think in the next few weeks I want to write a small series on the things that I’ve learned in the last two years of long-distance training. I’ve learned a lot from my last three races and, although I’m a baby compared to the amount of time others have spent running and training, I feel as if I’ve made a lot of mistakes that I’ve been able to reflect upon and learn from.

When’s your next race?

No comments:

Post a Comment