Friday, August 19, 2016

Too Busy for the Gym + That's OK

Have you ever had a week where you wrote a post, got too busy to publish it, tried again the next day, and the next day, and the next? It was one of those weeks. Tomorrow my sister and I are throwing a party for our mom's 50th birthday so I've been running around like crazy all week. I haven't even had half an hour to make it to the gym. Usually I would be guilting myself but I want tomorrow to be perfect and this is how my priorities are listed this week.

Here are some highlights from this week:

The weather has been cooler (above 20 degrees but not higher than 30's - before humidity). We even had some rain on Tuesday. I had my first hot cup of coffee this summer and something about the coffee with the falling rain just felt magical.


Despite usually being the Queen of Sunscreen I allowed myself to get extremely burnt at the beer festival last weekend. I finally stopped feeling pain around Wednesday and I did a pretty good job of hydrating and moisturizing my skin so I have minimal itching and peeling.


Last Sunday I spent the morning on the couch watching the women's Olympic marathon. There were no words to describe how inspiring it was to watch the race go down and get the updates for my Canadian heroes.


My sister was going through our photo albums to create a collage of my mom and she Snapchat'd me this gem:



How was your week? 
What priorities do you put before exercise? I hate when people say, "no excuses," because I think there are a million valid reasons to skip the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment