Monday, August 1, 2016

August Goals


1) Half marathon training
I went on a run today (finally) and re-evaluated my training plan. Surprisingly it's my lungs that were giving out before my legs so I'm going to chock that up to the crazy hot and humid weather we've been having later. I spent some time re-writing my plan and I really need to stick to this one. 

2) More stretching. More foam rolling. More yoga.
Not only for my body, but for my mind. The end of July was extremely stressful and the first couple of weeks of August are going to be the same. As great as being in the gym or going for a long run is great for me mentally, I find that stretching is a quiet, mindful, and necessary practice for myself.

3) Throw an amazing party for my mom
My sister and I have been planning my mom's 50th birthday party. It's happening on the 20th so I want to make sure I keep organized over the next few weeks, especially the week leading up to it. 

4) Hydrate
I'm usually a pro at hydrating myself. I guzzle water like it's going out of style and I constantly carry a bottle around with me. Unfortunately this is another thing I've been neglecting lately. I'm aiming for at least three litres a day.

5) Finish two books
I've started reading again lately and have a shelf full of unread titles. I always forget how much I love reading until I sit down with a book. Reading two books is easily doable if I make the time for it. 


What are your goals for August? 

No comments:

Post a Comment