Friday, July 18, 2014

Training run -- July 17, 2014

Weeks left until Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon: 13
Kilometers scheduled: 22
Kilometers clocked: 22.2


Does anyone else find that the more detailed your plan the more you end of deviating from it? This always happens with my running schedule.

After a long-run I make my plans for the following week based on how my run went and how my calendar looks (work, social, etc.). Last week I scheduled a three-hour training run for 6:30 am so I could run, shower, and have time for my other plans for the day. Two days before (Tuesday) my plans change for the first time. I was going berry picking with my grandparents and they decided they would pick me up at 9:30 am. Unless I wanted to get up earlier it looks like there was no morning run for me. I had rescheduled my run for noon but I didn’t get back to my house until 11:30… and I had only had a juice so far that day. No way was I running on an empty stomach so 2 pm was my next goal. Now, I could have said “no” but my mom offered up Starbucks at 1:30 pm. Okay, let’s try again.


Finally at 3 pm I left my house. Despite having slight muscle soreness in my thighs from adding leg work into my gym routine on Monday, it went well. I foam rolled twice and I feel pretty good today. No glute or leg soreness, except for a weird, tight muscle near my left knee. I guess I must be feeling off because I haven’t been hungry. Before I left for my run yesterday I only had consumed a juice, a smoothie, some fresh berries, and a cookie. Usually after my run I’m ready for a huge burrito bowl but I didn’t want that either. I ended up with a handful of frozen grapes immediately after, and then a bowl of cherries and some guacamole on pita for dinner, but I definitely did not eat back the energy I burned. Even this morning, the day after, I only had some oatmeal and a latte. Usually I wake up the day after feeling famished. Maybe I just need a good, long rest.

Hmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment