Sunday, July 20, 2014

Warrior Dash - Toronto 2014

Since I started running I've entered into a few races. I started with a Santa Shuffle, ran two Color Me Rads and their sister race, ElectroDash, the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront (half) Marathon and the Goodlife Toronto (half) Marathon, and today I completed the Toronto leg of the Warrior Dash.

The Warrior Dash is a hugely popular obstacle race and I can see why. It was organized and efficient, fun, and challenging. The race took place on a ski hill and the elevation was crazy! Some of the hills were so steep that I found myself sprinting hard up them only because I didn't want to tumble backwards if I lost momentum. 

As someone who is incredible scared of heights -- meaning the fear of falling from heights -- I can't believe I accomplished this race. Pulling myself over walls and crawling across beams much higher than I feel comfortable with was an exhilarating feeling. Also, there's something about running through knee deep mud and leaping over fire that makes you feel like a bad-ass. 


Participating in the Warrior Dash was a great break from my usual gym and running routine. I'm also feeling inspired to add some more trail running to my schedule -- once I figure out where I can find trails nearby. 


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12599395/?claim=za2j3vhd2nv">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment