Sunday, February 22, 2015

Chunky Chicken Guac and Lazy Saturdays

As I mentioned work has me feeling crazy stressed right now so Saturday was a write-off. I only left my house to straighten out some issues at the bank and to grab Starbucks with the boyfriend. I had been raving about this breakfast sandwich I had purchased two Fridays in a row since eating meat again (Bacon and Gouda) so he insisted we go get some. It didn’t take a whole lot of convincing.

We went out early-ish and made it home before 10:30AM. Thank goodness because it snowed all day and the roads were apparently pretty slick. I spent my lazy day binge watching movies on Netflix and, for once, not doing anything did not drive me completely insane. I must really have needed a lazy day.

We had cold-weather warnings all week and I was craving a taste of summer, aka guacamole. By the time I got around to making it yesterday I changed my mind and opted for a chunky guacamole-like salad stuffed into whole wheat tortillas for lunch.


I used half of an avocado, half of a tomato, half of a small onion, and half of a chicken breast, and aggressively mixed/mashed it all together in a bowl. I wanted to maintain a chucky texture instead of a smooth, dip-like texture. I also added a splash of lime juice but didn’t have any cilantro on hand. Yup, I’m pro-cilantro in my guac.


I definitely overfilled the tortillas so I had trouble keeping them closed.


Later in the afternoon the boyfriend and I also shared a healthy snack plate.


 I’m fruit-obsessed but lately I’m also loving snap peas so they were obviously included.

This guy was also on board with our lazy day. 



Question: Are you pro- or anti-cilantro in your guacamole? I’ve heard that it tastes like soap for people that don’t like it… is that true? 

No comments:

Post a Comment