Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cures for a Migraine & the Puppy Turns Two!

Despite getting 6-8 hours of sleep each night I’m feeling perpetually tired. I don’t know if it’s my allergies, if I’m coming down with something, or whatever else, but I’m taking the week off from the gym. Each day I kept saying, “I’ll go tomorrow” but I’d wake up feeling the same way. For now I’m going to take it easy and see how I feel this weekend. With a race coming up in a week and a half I don’t want to push it.

I’ve been trying to eat really well lately since I’m aiming for a PR in my next half marathon, but I started suffering from a migraine at work. I picked up some groceries on the way home and my boyfriend and I had a dinner of eggs and bacon, and fruit and chocolate for dessert.


I also drank some watered down Gatorade, which usually helps. In the end I’m not sure what did the trick but the migraine didn’t fully develop so it’s been more of a dull ache.

In other news it was my puppy’s second birthday today! I can’t believe he’s already two and that I’ve almost had him for two years (I got him when he was just over seven weeks old). He’s become such a good dog and I never thought I could feel so much love for an animal. I made him “pup-cakes” that he shared with his brother, and the two dogs even shared a piece of bacon. So spoiled.


Do you have any tricks for getting rid of a migraine? When do you make the decision not to push the exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment