Sunday, April 26, 2015

Worst Final Taper Run Ever

Happy Sunday!

I can't believe another weekend has already come to an end. I had so many big plans to be productive this weekend and none of them happened. I desperately need to sort through my closet and get rid of what I'm not wearing anymore. Maybe I'll do that after this post, but I sincerely doubt it.

I really hate wasting food but there are so many easy things to make with leftovers. The last three days I've been on an omelette kick using up different things. One morning I added half of a chicken breast, today I added some leftover bell pepper. Half of a cup of egg whites and two whole eggs, and I am full for the rest of the morning. So worth it.


I also had the tiniest bit of plain Greek yogurt left over from my week. It wasn't really enough to constitute a proper snack so I mixed in some peanut butter, chia seeds, and flax seeds, and used it to dip a pear into.


This morning was my last "long run" before my half marathon next week. I ran an awful 10K but at least the views were nice.



I'm not sure if I'm starting to get a chest cold or if it's seasonal allergies making me feel a little out of breath but I took some time to walk. I would rather go easy on myself now to be able to push as hard as I can next weekend. My pride was easily pushed aside this morning.

I'm going to try to take it easy this week. After taking a total rest week last week I'm still going to fit in my workouts but I think I'll have to take the intensity down. After my 10K PR last weekend I'm eager to see how far I can push it next Sunday.


What are your goals for the week? How do you prepare leading up to a big run?

1 comment:

  1. Tapers are the worst - you are going to rock your half!! :D

    ReplyDelete