Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hardcore Athlete or a Big Klutz?

I go to the gym a few mornings each week, usually around 5:30. When you go to the gym this early you see very few people, but they seem to be the same very few people each time. On Friday morning a girl told me I always look like I'm so hardcore when I workout. Red-faced and out of breath that compliment totally went to my head, even though she had just missed me kick my open water bottle all over the floor. 

Either way I treated myself to a chai latte before work. Last week seemed to go on forever and I need some incentive to get through one last weekday. 


This morning I ran the Toronto Yonge Street 10K. I'm going to post a full race recap/review tomorrow because I'm still feeling a little groggy from my post-race nap earlier, but I had such a good time. Afterwards my mom and I went to the Hard Rock Cafe for a post-race meal and decided to walk instead of taking the subway over. Wrong move. We thought it was much closer than it was and ended up walking for 45 minutes... and we're fast walkers. 


I used to be a huge bath person but haven't had one since I lived off-campus in university. I stopped at Lush before we came home to pick up a bath bomb and had the most relaxing bath this afternoon. I might had a chai latte while soaking. 


Meal prep is done for the week, my left over mac and cheese is in my belly, and even though it's only 8PM and I had a nap earlier I think I'm ready for bed. I've had so much fresh air and sun this weekend I'm exhausted. 



Did you race this weekend? What's your favourite way to recover? 

No comments:

Post a Comment