Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Today I Was a Functioning Human Being

Do you know how great it feels to have a full night sleep? Probably. I’m the kind of person that requires 7-8 hours of sleep every night to be a functioning human being and lately my sleep sucked. Thankfully last night I was asleep so fast and slept throughout the night. I feel like a brand new person today and it’s amazing.

Too bad my seasonal allergies are in full swing today and are making me feel a little off. You win some, you lose some.

Side note: the grocery store has baby cucumbers back in season and I’m obsessed!


I’ve been neglecting my morning workouts due to the lack of sleep I was getting so last night after work it was such a beautiful night that I fit in an easy 3K before doing some arm work at home. It’s amazing what you can do with only a few items at home. I had a hard workout with just a couple of dumbbells, my yoga mat, and a sturdy, elevated surface.


I took it easy tonight. I’m running the Toronto Yonge Street 10K this Sunday and don’t want to wear myself out. After running some errands I just went for a walk with the puppies, did some yoga, and some foam rolling to make sure I’m nice and loose. I’m dying for some PRs this year. I feel like, despite some issues running recently, overall I’m the strongest and fittest I’ve ever been.

I’m definitely growing mentally and physically as a runner and I’m excited to see what this season of running will bring.


Do you prefer to workout at home or at the gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment